The management of Wickersham Construction and Engineering, Inc. is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its employees.
Planning for safety is incorporated in all phases of our company's work. To aid us with our safety program we employ a full-time Safety Manager, Michael Harbaugh with over 40 years of construction and safety experience.
Wickersham Safety Program:
- Conduct daily whiteboard safety meetings prior to start of work along with weekly Wickersham generated toolbox talks
- In-house Safety Committee meets monthly to maintain a proactive approach to safety
- Provide 16 hours of Safety Training for all new hires
- Provide mentors for young and/or less experienced workers
- Implement orange hard hat policy for all new hires' first 90 days
- Conduct and document unannounced site safety inspections
- Maintain detailed safety training records and safety information, available online to all Project Superintendents
- Conduct full incident and near-miss investigations and implement immediate corrective action
- Provide Safety Data Sheets to all employees at every site by hard copy and/or online
- Conduct pre-construction safety planning
- Prepare Job Hazard Anyalysis
Continuing Safety Education:
- Over 50% of the field employees have 30 Hour OSHA training and an additional 15% have 10 Hour OSHA Training
- In-house Safety Commitee meets monthly
- Attend numerous safety workshops throughout the year
- Participate in OSHA Roundtables
- Attend National Safety Council Congress and Safety Expo annually
- Attend biannual (3 day) safety workshops with our insurance carrier
- Wickersham Construction is a founding member of ABC's apprenticeship program and incentive employee participation
- EMR is consistently below the industry average of 1.0.
- Incident Rate is better than the industry average in multiple disciplines.
- Lost Time Accident record is 439 days.
- Maintain independent safety certifications from IS Net World & Safety Management Inc.
- ABC Safety and STEP Award recipient
- Maintain certification at many high-risk industrial plants.
- ABC Safety Awards
- ABC Step Award (Gold Award)
- Top 10% Presidential Circle Risk-Control Excellence Award